Across sectors and at every level, the engagement of young people and families with lived/living experience of the mental health system is being sought for system-driven initiatives, from local service improvements to research projects to government policy. We are a peer-led, online community for young people and families to connect with one another to share, celebrate, reflect on and learn from their engagement and co-design experiences.
Our goals are to:
- Co-design a self-directed, accessible, inclusive, and supportive online community for young people and families to connect with one another
- Create opportunities for young people and families of diverse regions, communities, backgrounds, identities and experiences to talk about their unique perspectives, insights, and needs for engaging or co-designing with organizations and systems more fully, safely and meaningfully
- Provide opportunities for engagement-related peer support and mentoring to validate experiences and nurture individual, family and community wellbeing and resilience
- Sandra Moll, Associate Professor, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Co-Design VP Hub Co-Lead
- Louise Murray-Leung, Family Peer Support Leader, PCMH - Hamilton Chapter (CMHO’s family support program)
For more information about this CoI, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Check out the rest of EENet's CoIs/CoPs here: https://kmb.camh.ca/eenet/communities.