About the webinar
The Implementing Housing First ACT webinar took place on June 21 at 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. EDT. Virtual attendees heard about the evidence supporting the Housing First model and learned from the experiences and perspectives of national and regional health authorities. This event was part of the 2023 National ACT and FACT Virtual Learning Program, hosted by the British Columbia ACT Advanced Practice and the Ontario Association for ACT/FACT.
Live event date: June 21, 2023
Access the video recording: https://vancouvercoastalhealth.zoom.us/rec/share/YWdlwakH6e4Csir4iYHhYo2EeM07IxLbREk3vU_E2Nz0snhpvXNjk2iRIfgFKB5k.WbqFhenaSzfkH0MJ
- Eric Macnaughton, Housing First CoI Member and Research Associate, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Geoff Nelson, Housing First CoI Co-chair and Professor of Psychology, Wilfred Laurier University
- Chelsea Robinson
- Understand the history of the Housing First ACT model
- Understand the evidence in support of it in the Canadian context (and the five Canadian communities of the At Home/Chez Soi initiative)
- Understand the issues surrounding fidelity to Housing First principles
- Understand the barriers and strategies around the implementation of high-fidelity Housing First ACT practices
- Understand Housing First ACT as practiced in Fraser Health and the day-to-day management and operations
About the webinar series
The British Columbia ACT Advanced Practice and the Ontario Association for ACT/FACT are pleased to present the 2023 National ACT Virtual Learning Program. This collaboration aims to provide educational opportunities to ACT staff across Canada that are relevant to their delivery of high-quality ACT services.