Join the conversation on EENet Connect.
More innovations from Noojmowin Teg Health Centre: Elders social without walls and Making COVID masks.
Access to in-person support groups for addictions relapse prevention is not possible for those living on Manitoulin Island and surrounding area during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Noojmowin Teg Health Centre responded by organizing a daily opportunity for people to connect virtually to access recovery support.
- Sessions are structured in a similar format as other in-person relapse-prevention programs, with moderated 45-minute sessions.
- During the session, the facilitator welcomes participants, provides guidelines and reads from selected meditation books such as 365 Days of Walking the Red Road or Narcotics Anonymous meditations.
- Participants are encouraged to share experiences and support one another in maintaining their recovery.
- Participant contacts Noojmowin Teg by Phone (705) 368-2182, Facebook or Twitter for information.
- Participant calls teleconference line to join session.
- Moderator welcomes participants & provides guidelines for 45-minute session.
- Moderator reads from meditation book (365 Days of Walking the Red Road or Narcotics Anonymous Meditations).
- Participants are encouraged to share with one another.
- Session Wrap-up
For more information on 365 Days of Walking the Red Road, contact: Carrianne Agawa, email@example.com
To share your innovation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.