Join the conversation on EENet Connect.
More innovations from Noojmowin Teg Health Centre: Elders social without walls and 365 days of walking the red road.
Personal Protective Equipment is in short supply due to the global pandemic, and the demand for masks has increased dramatically due to COVID-19. The PPE supply chain prioritizes front-line healthcare staff before non-primary care staff, so Noojmowin Teg Health Centre has taken a creative approach to ensure all of their staff have the protection they need.
- NTHC staff Christianna Jones and Carrianne Agawa conducted research on appropriate, effective and safe mask design and jointly developed a template.
- Christianna coordinated material purchases and recruited a NTHC sewing team to sew masks for staff (not for Primary Care)
- The NTHC sewing team produced a supply of cloth masks suitable for staff to wear
- Christianna created a distribution list for NTHC staff or others who have requested them
- Christianna & Carrianne conducted research
- Developed a mask template
- Purchased material for the masks
- Recruited Team to sew masks
- Masks distributed to health center staff (or others who have requested)
For more information on Making COVID Masks, contact:
- Carrianne Agawa, email@example.com
- Christianna Jones , firstname.lastname@example.org
To share your innovation, email email@example.com.