Persons with Lived Experience (PWLE) in paid staff roles when implementing Housing First
This webinar explored how to involve Persons with Lived Experience (PWLE) in paid staff roles when implementing Housing First.
To watch the recording, click here. To download the slides, click here.
You will learn:
- Getting an organization ready to involve PWLE in paid roles;
- Hiring, training and supporting staff with lived experience;
- The perspectives from staff with lived experience;
- Issues to anticipate with staff with lived experience; and
- Promoting an inclusive environment for staff with lived experience.
- Participants from different communities are encouraged to attend and share their stories about implementing Housing First for persons experiencing chronic homelessness.
About the Presenters
Catharine Vandelinde, Executive Director, Options Bytown Non‐Profit Housing
Claude Lurette, Housing Support Worker Peer Specialist, Options Bytown Non‐Profit Housing
Jeremiah Bach, Peer Support Worker, CAMH; Master of Public Administration Candidate, Queen's University
Lisa Medd, Housing Program Manager, CMHA, Ottawa
Michelle Bilek, Coordinator, Training and Technical Assistance Program, Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness
About the Moderators
Tim Aubry, Professor, School of Psychology & Senior Researcher, Centre for Research on Educational and Community Services, University of Ottawa; and OHFRN‐COI Co lead
Geoff Nelson, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University; and OHFRN‐COI Co‐lead
The OHFRN‐COI is intended to assist communities across Ontario to develop, evaluate, and improve Housing First (HF) programs based on the Pathways model tested, adapted, and shown to be effecttive in the At Home / Chez Soi Demonstration Project. For more information, click here.