As an organization with multiple work locations, Hands the Family Help Network was challenged with tracking the attendance of staff across their various sites. Also, in order to ensure maximum occupancy is not exceeded at the sites, a method for collecting adequate records for contact tracing was required. The tracking system needed to be cloud-based and available on any handheld device (such as a cell phone), to make it easy to use from wherever staff might be located (i.e., office, community, home, school, etc.).
- In-house IT created an Electronic Sign in/out application using Microsoft SharePoint. The agency recently moved over to Microsoft Office 365 and with it came the ability to use SharePoint.
- The Sign in/out application can be loaded on the staff laptops or their work or personal cell phones.
- The app recognizes the staff member’s work ID, so they do not need to log into the application. Signing in requires only four keystrokes/choices, and signing out requires just two keystrokes/choices.
- To log in: Staff select “Sign In”, then “Select Location”, then “Completed COVID Screening (Yes/No)” which provides an embedded link to Public Health screener, then “Update Location”. Staff receive a thank you message, which confirms completion of the sign-in process.
- To log out: Staff select “Signing Out” and then “Update Location”, and the sign-out process is done.
- The Application provides real-time status of all staff, as well as sorting capability by status, location, and name. In the background, management reports are available for historical staff tracking that will allow for complete contact tracing if required.
- Application was built by IT and demonstrated to IMS Recovery Team.
- Application was improved based on Recovery Team feedback, then re-tested with the Recovery Team and a sample of staff.
- Application was improved further based on testing feedback then launched within Agency with all staff, while continuing with the previous attendance tracking system for one week. Results of both systems were compared, and discrepancies were shared with individual staff as needed.
- Terminated the use of the previous attendance tracking system and now relying solely on the SharePoint Sign In/Out, with continued auditing and CQI.
- Currently, building manager reporting capability with selected staff groups so managers can audit staff and provide feedback.
For more information on Electronic Sign-in/Sign-out for Employee Contact Tracing and Site Occupancy, contact: Andrea Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org