Presentations from the Ontario Housing First 2019 Forum on Evidence-based Practices now available!
On Friday March 8th, the Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest (OHFRN-CoI) hosted the second annual Ontario Housing First Forum. This year’s theme highlighted Evidence-based practices.
Over 80 participants came together to learn, share resources and experiences with implementing Housing First in their communities, and included agency representatives, researchers, persons with lived experiences, members of the CoI, and representatives from multiple sectors implementing the Housing First model in Ontario.
The forum objectives were to:
- Bring together stakeholders who are implementing HF to share knowledge of their programs, resources and network;
- Share evidence-based practices and promote high quality implementation of the HF model; and,
- Link sectors involved, including mental health and housing, and other sectors.
The day kicked off with opening remarks from Branka Agic, Director of Knowledge Exchange for the Provincial System Support Program at the CAMH. OHFRN-CoI Co-leads, Tim Aubry and Geoff Nelson, then provided an overview of the CoI and work to date. They also took a moment to remember and acknowledge Dr. Paula Goering, CAMH, Research Lead for At Home / Chez Soi Demonstration Project.
(L-R): Keynote presenter, Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos; OHFRN-CoI Co-leads, Geoff Nelson and Tim Aubry; Branka Agic, Director Knowledge Exchange and Education, PSSP
View the full program, presentation abstracts, presenter bios, and contact information.
2019 Forum presentations
Keynote presentation: The Long-Term Follow-Up of the Toronto At Home/Chez Soi programs, by Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos, Clinician Scientist and the Physician-in-Chief at CAMH.
Keynote presentation by Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos, Clinician Scientist and the Physician-in-Chief at CAMH
Peer Support Values in Action, Infrastructure & Implementation, Betty-Lou Kristy
Parent-Child Relationship Outcomes for Indigenous Parents in the At Home/Chez Soi Housing First Demonstration Project, Rachel Caplan, Al Wiebe
Fidelity Peer Exchange Approach; Formative Evaluation - Tim Aubry, Kathryn Gibb, Dani Mills, Geoff Nelson, Amy Osika
Housing First with Case Management and Case Management: Research Evidence on Housing Outcomes - Eric Agbata, Tim Aubry, Teresa Meulensteen, Maryann Roebuck
Youth Homelessness - Lesley McMillian, Ashley Ward, John Ecker
Late afternoon sessions:
- Linking Housing First with ACT - Kelly Goz, Geoff Nelson, Robin Pow, Lin Sallay
- Screening and Assessment Tools for Housing First; The Tools of Housing First: Evaluating a Client Needs Assessment - John Ecker, Stephen Hwang
- Logic Modelling and Outcome Evaluation in Housing First - Maritt Kirst
For more information about the OHFRN-CoI and additional resources, click here.
Check out the first annual HF Forum presentations here.